Ingredients (Makes 10 balls):
- 50g desiccated coconut, plus extra for coating the balls
- 50g oats
- 50g vanilla protein powder
- Juice of 1 and 1/2 lemons
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Combine coconut, oats and vanilla protein powder in a bowl.
- Melt coconut oil, either in a pan on the hob or in a bowl in the microwave, for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice (make sure you don’t get any pips in there!) and melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add choc chips and mix.
- Get your hands into the mixture, scoop out about a tablespoon size of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on a plate. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more coconut oil or honey (I found this to be the case with vegan protein powder the other day as it is a lot more powdery/dryer than whey protein).
- Once rolled into balls, place some extra desiccated coconut on to a plate and roll the balls through it.
- Pop into the fridge to firm up. I recommend storing in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Recipe by Becs Sandworth
For more recipes head to https://www.becssandwith.co.uk/ and check out Instagram @bitesbybecs